tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 30 00:41:21 2001

RE: jIQumrupqa'

Ho'Du' chu' poQDI' norgh HaqwI' poQbe' norghvam. nujDajDaq chen neH.

> > wejpuH!

> > > qayajbe'.
> >
> > I read your sentence as currently written as:
> >
> > "I lack one or another tooth while they happen," and "twelve
> days and twelve
> > nights" has no grammatical connection to the rest of the
> sentence. If you
> > want "twelve days and twelve nights" to be the subject of
> {qaStaHvIS}, you
> > need to move the verb to preceed the subject. Days are happening here.
> > Nights are happening here. Teeth are not happening here.
> >

> I was trying to say "I will lack one tooth or another for 12 days and 12
> nights."

I was trying to tell you that you have to be careful about word order. The
subject follows the verb. Twelve days and twelve nights happen. Twelve days
and twelve nights are the subject of the verb "happen", so they have to
FOLLOW that verb. You made the verb follow them.

> > > SIp lo'be'mo' ghaytan Hagh joy'wI'.
> >
> > bIqarba'.
> >
> > > - tuv'el
> >
> > charghwI'