tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 29 22:41:26 2001

RE: KLBC - nuqneH

> > pagh:
> > jIqanchoHlaw'pu': tlhIngan Hol vIHaDchoHmeH poH vIqawchu'be'. ghaytan
> jav
> > ben vIHaDchoH.

yeygha':
> choDoj. ghaytan tlhIngan Hol Dajatlhqu'. wa' Hogh vIHaDchoH.

{Doj} means "be impressive", and so you said here *"you are impressive me".
Generally, verbs of the form "be ____" (such as "be impressive", "be
hungry", etc.) can have a subject, but not an object.
Instead, you can say "You are impressive", or if you still want to include
yourself, say "I think that you are impressive". So rather than {cho-} ("you
- me"), you would want to use the prefix {bI-} ("you - no object").

Some units of time (days, months, and years) have special words to indicate
time in the past & future. For example, {Hu'} means "days ago" and {leS}
means "days from now".  These are used this way:
{cha'Hu' jIghun} "Two days ago, I programmed."
However, for all the other units of time (such as minutes, hours, and
weeks), we use the general words {ret} and {pIq} after the time period.
{ret} is "period of time ago" and {pIq} is "period of time from now". These
words are used after the amount of time:
{vagh rep pIq, jIQong.} "5 hours from now, I will sleep."
{wa' Hogh ret, vIHaDchoH} "One week ago, I started to study."

> "Arizona" luDab tlhIngan Hol jatlhwi' 'ar?

maj.

- taD