tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 22 08:26:23 2000

RE: Daj (2)

lab De'vID

> De'vID:
> > > HIvqa' veqlargh!  cha' nuHIvchu'pu' veqlargh.  I misread
> > > your "sergeant in a helmet" for "sergeant wearing a
> > > helmet".  Now I see that that would be an English-ism.
>
> Will Martin:
> > not Qaghvam chenmoH tlhIngan Hol. puj DIvI' Hol.
>
> Hmmm... Does one /chenmoH/ "make" a mistake in Klingon, or
> would that be an English-ism as well?  {{=)

Does a mis-writer of Klingon cause an error to take form?  That's what
chenmoH means.  Maybe he ratlhmoH the error, causes it to remain.  There
may be a particular verb that a Klingon would be more likely to select.
There may be an idiom that we cannot guess.  Non-idiomatically, though,
causing the error to take form is pretty much what we do.

Qov

Back to archive top level