tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 18 08:15:06 2000

RE: KLBC I'm new

De'vID:
> > > If the intention is /charghwI'/ "supreme conqueror", I would
> > > like to point out that there is already a /charghwI'/ who is
> > > a long-time regular to the list.  Using /charghwI''a'/ could
> > > result in a lot of confusion.

" charghwI''a' ":
> > I was going for that, thank you for telling me that there is
> > someone else with that name I'll have to think about changing
> > it, if any one has a suggestion it would be wellcome

DloraH:
> The resulting confusion would be no different than going to work
> and have two people named Bob.

chaq qar.  'ach pIj cha' wej joq pongmey lo' DIvI' Hol jatlhwI'pu'.
tIqel: "Bob Smith", "Bob Jones" ghap.  cha' /charghwI'/pu'
lutu'lu'chugh, chay' wIngu'?  wa'vaD /charghwI''a'/ wIpongchugh,
vaj latlhvaD /charghwI'Hom/ wIponglaw'.

Did you ever see that "King of the Hill" episode where they had
to babysit a baby named "Hank" (also the name of the main character
of the show)?  They called the baby "Good Hank", and by default
Hank was stuck with the moniker "Bad Hank".

> It's a large empire.  It's possible to have very similar or even
> the same name.

jIQochbe'.  'ach... pongwIj nIHchugh vay', vaj HeghtaHvIS wa',
maHay'taH. {{=)

--
De'vID