tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 17 16:34:01 2000

RE: KLBC I'm new

" charghwIj'a' ":
> > > CharghwIj'a' oH' pongwi'e'  I think I did that right?(Cha'w'a'
> > > for short)

taD:
> > You're using the noun prefixes {-wIj} and {-'a'}, but {chargh}
> > ("conquer") isn't a noun; it's a verb. So you'd want a noun

DloraH:
>When I read this I thought the name was a typo and he intended
>charghwI''a' I thought he add a [j], just like he left off the [j]
>in pongwIj'e'.  If it is -wI', then his suffix order would be
>correct.
>
>charghwI''a' - something like "Supreme Conquerer".

That was my thought when I read it as well, that he had mixed up
the /-wI'/ and /-wIj/ suffixes.

If the intention is /charghwI'/ "supreme conqueror", I would
like to point out that there is already a /charghwI'/ who is
a long-time regular to the list.  Using /charghwI''a'/ could
result in a lot of confusion.

--
De'vID