tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 21 22:11:44 2000

Re: Grammar Highlight Each Day

ja' Xardana:
>I am just about willing to leave this list.  I find the word of the day to be
>only a little bit helpful.  I find the grammar highlight to be incomplete but
>insightful.  I find the arguments to be driving me away.

vaj ghoHbogh QIn tIbuSQo'.

>Finally, I began writing my little story sections as practice.  I am
>re-posting them now because I think they can be helpful to beginners.

bIlugh.  nap mu'tlheghmey 'ach Daj.  laDmeH taghwI' ngeD.

>But,
>since I have been learning Klingon only one year myself, I get the feeling
>that I am going to get blasted for being willing to be helpful.  You see, I
>don't know Klingon well enough to pass any knowledge of it along to others,
>right?

Qo'!  tlhIngan Hol Dalo'qu'.  pIlchoH laDwI'pu' 'e' vIpIH.  Qagh Hutlhchugh
lutlIj, lI'qu'.  Qagh ngaSchugh, lughmoH vay' 'e' Dalaj.  bIghojmoHtaH 'e'
Daqapbe'.  bIghaqbej.

You know Klingon well enough to use it correctly according to the rules
laid out in TKD.  That's good.  You don't misrepresent yourself as having a
special insight into Klingon because you've studied other languages, and
that's better.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level