tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 05 22:19:13 2000

gheD

Klingon has various verb suffixes indicating who is doing the verb to whom.
Today we encounter I --> him, her, it, them.

vI- = I --> him, her, it, them

Qel vInej = I am looking for a doctor.

Qel = doctor, physician (noun)
nej = seeks, looks for (verb)

Additional sentences for practice:  targh vIghaj = I have a dog (targh =
dog/pig-like animal, often a Klingon pet; vI- I do it; ghaj = has)

yaS vIlegh = I see an officer (yaS = officer; legh = sees)

Suy vItlhej = I accompany the merchant (Suy = merchant; tlhej = accompanies,
goes with)

nov vIchopbe' = I do not bite the alien (nov = alien, foreigner; chop =
bites; -be' = does not)

loD vIqIp'a' = Do I hit the man (loD = man, male; qIp = hits; -'a' = question
suffix)

peHruS

Back to archive top level