tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 31 21:16:32 2000

RE: A challenge

If what you wanted to express is, "There is not enough darkness to keep me
from my way," it would be better as:

HewIj vIghoSDI' tlhoS mubot HurghlI'ghach 'ach yapbe'.

Literally, "Darkness almost blocked me when I progressed along my path, but
it (darkness) was insufficient." Your attempt was ungrammatical in several
areas. For starters, {ghobe'} is an exclammatory word that is a sentence
unto itself. It is not a noun or verb or any other kind of word that really
works within a larger sentence.

Keep trying, though, especially with simpler sentences. You can build up to
more complex stuff like this later.

charghwI' 'utlh