tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 31 19:29:19 2000

A challenge

How would you propose to translate the following sentence?

"It is not too dark for me to find the path to my home."

As much as I love recasting, I can't find a way that I believe to be
satisfactory. I'm open to suggestions. I was just walking down the path to
my cabin, muttering to myself in Klingon and thought of this sentence in
English and was stumped. It makes me want to say {tlhoybe'}, but there is no
such word. It doesn't seem quite right to use {tlhoyHa'}, or would others
disagree?

Hmmm. Never mind. I just figured it out:

Hurghmo' tlhoS juHwIj He vISamlaHbe' 'ach vISamlaHbej.

Hevam vISovchu'. chapwIj rur. {{:)>>

If someone else has a suggestion for something less radically restated, I'm
all ears.

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level