tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 19 23:14:33 2000

Re: Klingon WOTD: chaj (n)

> This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Wednesday, May 17, 2000.
>
> Klingon word:   chaj
> Part of Speech: noun
> Definition:     friend
>
> Additional Notes:
> KGT.  Close female friend of a female.

Does anyone feel a pun behind this?  It sounds like one, but I
can't put my finger on it...

The male version sounds like a pun, too: /maqoch/.  "coach", or
"my coach", perhaps?  Is there a TV show where a character
refers to a friend this way?

--
De'vID