tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 05 08:49:28 2000

Re: vocab q's

>> Klingons might not always be accurate, but they never aproximate.
>>  Give us some idea of the time frame involved.
>
>I was thinking of a meaning something like, "Once, I was an
>officer" or "I used to be an officer".  {ret yaS jIH}?

WHEN was that "once"?
Was it one year ago?  Ten years ago?

vagh ben  yaS jIHta'
Up until five years ago I was an officer.

If we had a conversation in english and you said "I used to be an officer",
one of my responses would be, "Oh. When?"
You would then have to say another sentence to explain WHEN you were an officer.

DloraH

Back to archive top level