tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 01 20:36:18 2000

Re: qepHommey

peqIm!,

The days, hours & POC of the Washington D.C./Baltimore qepHommey have
changed:

Washington, DC/Baltimore, MD USA
    the third _SATURDAY_ of every month; _3:00pm - 6:00pm_
    Contact: Kevin Burgess <[email protected]>
    Phone: 410-312-9937 (leave a message)

    Barbecues, for the intrepid during the summer! Join us in
celebrating our Tera'gnan hosts, and serve Cooked food (well, burnt
really), Federation style. We also share (no service or sales to
Minors) home made brew & Bloodwine tastings. Toasting & muqaD veS
practice to follow. Klingon Frizbee for the truly fearless.

    Poets and Bards welcome. Show us your Klingon heart. Free
songsheets, and vocabulary guides. Sing alongs, at your own peril.
Plenty of published & Filk Klingon music for celebration.

    Weekends that fall on Convention dates will see qepHommey held
there, in Hotel or meeting rooms. This April's qepHom was held at the
Balticon2000 (Omni Shoreham, Baltimore's Inner Harbor). The Director
of the Klingon Language Institute made a presence, and was last seen
wandering the Convention halls. Who knows what celebrity visitors we
may have next?

    A well attended success, we had over 30 strong present.  Many
have begun to master the difficult consonants {Q}, {H}, and {tlh},
napkins were required all around. Several new voices were recruited,
and the entire room held a rousing round of _Qoy' qeyleS puqloD_ .

    You've read of the KLI in the Star Trek Magazine, now come see &
hear what all the fuss is about.

    Call 1st, or be prepared to suffer the Rite of Passage (before
your time), but come ready to do battle (linguistically), to become
Warriors, to be Klingon!

HoS batlh je. Qapla'!

chaq jIlughbe', 'ach reH Qor'etlh jIH!
I may be wrong, but I'm always Qor'etlh
}};-]

Qor'etlh valwI'na', buraD tuq, tlhIngan wo' may' yo'
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/ikbf
qepHom 'utlhHom - Klingon Language Institute.
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Stage/4685/
qo'mey poSmoH Hol /
yIn nI' yISIQ 'ej pechep.
'ej DaH... vay' pImqu'