tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 01 05:00:35 2000

RE: KLBC: Imperative question

"Somebody stop that man"

How about something as simple as

loDvetlh bomev vay' {man-that you(pl)-stop-him somebody}

this would seem to follow my understanding of the object-verb-subject
rule.

The object is 'that man' the subject is 'somebody' and as, I assume, when
one is calling for 'somebody' to do something you are addressing a plural
group (otherwise it would be "you stop that man") the verb acquires the
you(pl)-him/her/it prefix.

If I am wrong - which I probably am - could someone please explain to me
why.

 - nIyel

jIval qoj jItlhaQ qoj jImaw'be' 'e' tob jabbI'IDvam 'e' vIHechbe'