tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 01 00:12:39 2000

Re: Klingon WOTD: wovmoHwI' (n)

jatlh Voragh:

> BTW for the Hallmark Bird-of-Prey Christmas ornament commercial some years
>  ago Okrand came up with another way to refer to lights, {wovmoHbogh jan}:
>
>    Qapqu' wovmoHbogh janHommey
>    It even has working lights!

Heh, I remember seeing that.  How did the rest of the advert go?

>  However the good news is that because of {maSwov} "moonlight" we suspect
>  that there MAY be a noun *{wov}, either historically or just left out of
>  what is a relatively small vocabulary.  The bad news is that since Okrand
>  didn't list it in TKD or KGT, or used it anywhere else, we don't use it
>  here on this mailing list.

I was afraid you might say that.  A word I was really wanting
recently was "starlight" (Hovwov?).  Have we ever seen that
in canon?

-Eodrakken

Back to archive top level