tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 26 20:17:32 2000

Re: Klingon Way audiocasette

ja' "Angela Anuszewski" <[email protected]>:
>Sorry for the <DI'vI' Hol>, but I'm still not good enough to write more than
>one sentence in ten minutes :-) If I have the book, is it worth purchasing
>the book on tape? I am considering it, since it is always good to hear
>spoken Klingon.

It's not always good to hear spoken Klingon.  Worf (as played by Michael
Dorn) speaks Klingon like someone who was raised by Russian Jews.  Which
is to say, not very well.  His pronunciation is not one to emulate, at
least not if you want to be understood by the majority of folks who can
understand spoken Klingon.

Roxann Dawson seems to have been more enthusiastic about lending Torres'
voice to the tape, but she was still unfamiliar with the language.

>If you have this cassette, could you please let me know what
>you think of it?

I don't own a copy.  I heard it briefly a number of years ago, and I
decided it wasn't worth buying for the Klingon speech it contains.  As
a Star Trek and Klingon cultural reference it has merit, but I don't
consider it a worthwhile purchase for someone who's mostly trying to
learn Klingon as a language.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level