tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 26 05:19:49 2000

RE: KLBC / blue goo from Hell

pagh:
><chenmoH> is <chen> plus <-moH>. Unless we specifically know otherwise,
>entries like <chenmoH> and <QeyHa'> in TKD should be treated as stem+suffix
>combinations that are in there for convenience. The one exception that we
>know of is <lo'laH> - "be valuable". So the <-Ha'> goes before the <-moH>.

When you say that /lo'laH/ is an exception, does that
mean that the entire word is the verb and cannot be
broken down?

So, would it be legal to say /lo'laHlaH/, "It can be valuable"?

Also, isn't there a rule that says bare verbs cannot be
/-ghach/ed?  If that's the case, /lo'laHghach/ would be
illegal, since /*-laH/ wouldn't be a suffix.

Perhaps I am misinterpreting what you mean when
you say that /lo'laH/ is an exception/.  yIQIj!

--
De'vID

Back to archive top level