tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 17 04:14:07 2000

prefix chart revisited

Everyone uses the prefix chart as it is given in TKD, but I prefer to
rearrange the prefixes according to their person, then number, rather than
number-person. It looks like this:
        0       me      us      you/s   you/p   him+    they
I       jI      -       -       qa      Sa      vI      vI
we      ma      -       -       pI      re      wI      DI

you(sg) bI      cho     ju      -       -       Da      Da
you(pl) Su      tu      che     -       -       bo      bo

!you(s) yI      HI      gho     -       -       yI      tI
!you(p) pe      HI      gho     -       -       yI      tI

he+     0       mu      nu      Du      lI      0       0
they    0       mu      nu      nI      lI      lu      0

(I hope the table survives intact. It contains tabs, and I'm not sure how
well they are retained in email.)
The prefixes which occur in more than one place come together better in this
chart, and it's easier to see similarities, as well as note the blocks with
no prefixes at all, e.g., I-me or you(s)-you(pl).

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level