tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 21 18:32:53 2000

Re: A grammar question...

SuStel:
 >Or, combine these ideas: /SuvwI' loDnI'/ "warrior brothers."

 Are you (juDmoS) giving a speech only to *male* Klingons?  If
 females are in your audience, I would include them:
 /SuvwI' loDnI'pu' be'nI'pu' je/ "Warrior brothers and sisters".

Or you could simply say /SuvwI' nIpu'/.

 I also offer an alternative: /qeylIS puqloDpu', qeylIS
 puqbe'pu'/ "Sons of Kahless, daughters of Kahless".  Or simpler:
 /qeylIS puqloDpu' puqbe'pu' je/ "Sons and daughters of Kahless".

Again, /qeylIS puqpu'/ "Children of Kahless."

 Otherwise, the slighted female Klingons may set upon you after
 your speech.  Of course, if you *want* angry Klingon females
 to attack you...

Mmm. Good point!!

quljIb

Back to archive top level