tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 17 09:35:57 2000

Re: A grammar question...

juDmoS:
> mayDaq loDnI'pu'wI' ...

SuStel:
>Or, combine these ideas: /SuvwI' loDnI'/ "warrior brothers."

Are you (juDmoS) giving a speech only to *male* Klingons?  If
females are in your audience, I would include them:
/SuvwI' loDnI'pu' be'nI'pu' je/ "Warrior brothers and sisters".

I also offer an alternative: /qeylIS puqloDpu', qeylIS
puqbe'pu'/ "Sons of Kahless, daughters of Kahless".  Or simpler:
/qeylIS puqloDpu' puqbe'pu' je/ "Sons and daughters of Kahless".

Otherwise, the slighted female Klingons may set upon you after
your speech.  Of course, if you *want* angry Klingon females
to attack you...

--
De'vID