tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 31 00:32:17 2000

Re: MO's private jokes

Voragh:
> Anyone know of any others?

pIl'o':
: I was just doing some translating and was amused to find <lot>. You've
: probably already found that one, but I got a big chuckle from it.

Me too.  That one has been known for a while, but it's obvious to anyone who
knows their Bible.

I wasn't asking for a general list of jokes, but rather just for those few
that
come from Okrand's PRIVATE LIFE -- references to his friends, family,
co-workers, and personal life that no one but Okrand himself would ever
realize
are private in-jokes until he tells someone at a convention or qep'a' or in an
interview.

I recall another possibility: {Sab} ("decline, deteriorate") which a not a few
people have suggested comes from Saab, a make of car Okrand may once have
owned
and had considerable mechanical trouble with.  Though AFAIK Okrand has never
confirmed this bit of speculation.

So again I ask, does anyone know of any others?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level