tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 28 10:13:07 2000

Mental Pattern matching

I'm cleaning my desk and I just came across a journal entry I made on the
plane home from qep'a' vaghDIch.  I thought some of those just back from
SochDIch might identify.

"I'm watching a movie with terrible sound, and horizontal bars running
across the   picture.  As my brain patten matches to fill in the blanks in
the sound and picture, I realize I am assigning the horizontal bars to
ridges across the people's foreheads, and I've mapped the garbled sounds to
Klingon phonemes.  <HIja'> says one character <Dunta' be' ... va ... 'a
HInoD> I hear.  Not sure what they are really saying."

You know you've been properly immersed in Klingon when your brain picks ut
Klingon phrases from random noise.  Hope qep'a' was fabulous.

Back to archive top level