tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 18 04:49:29 2000

RE: Use of topic as header

>> Let me put it another way.  How would you say, "Seven of Nine stole
the
>> shuttlecraft"?

jatlh charghwI'

> Hut'e' lupDujHom nIH Soch.

Am I missing something here? Why are you bothering with -'e' at all?
Let's split hairs and point out that there is a difference between a
name and a designation. I would not be inclined to paraphrase a name,
but I'll tinker with a designation.

"Seven of Nine" could be rendered as "Nine's Seven" or even "Nine's
Seventh" if you prefer to stress the ordinal information. Thus:

lupDujHom nIH Hut Soch   -  The Nine's Seven (7 of 9) stole the
shuttlecraft

or

lupDujHom nIH Hut SochDIch   -  The Nine's Seventh (7 of 9) stole the
shuttlecraft

Lawrence

Back to archive top level