tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 12 22:20:06 2000

Re: Raise Your betleH to the Stars.....

In a message dated 7/11/2000 3:57:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< Let me put it another way.  All of these words, and those like /chan/,
etc.,
 are "area <specify direction here>."  Thus, /Dung/ "area above."  On the
 other hand, /lurgh/ has nothing to do with an area, even when described as
 /Hovmey lurgh/.  The question is, can /-Daq/ refer to a direction instead of
 an area? >>

Although MO has not used {lurgh} as "area in this/that direction," I will
stick my neck out; I feel it covers a concept of spatiality.  It is a noun,
even though vague.

peHruS

Back to archive top level