tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 11 12:16:23 2000

Re: yIH? vIghro'? (was -law')

[email protected] wrote:

> De'vID:
>
> pIl'o':
>
> >> De'vID:
> >> What do you mean?  yIQIj!
>
> pIl'o':
> >I was trying to ask if the <bIH> in your 2nd sentence required a verb
> >suffix.
>
> DaH jIyaj.  QIjpu' *Voragh.
> qatlh wot mojaq poQ /nIQwIj bIH yIHmey'e'/?

> De'vID:
> Why do you think it should have a verb suffix?

I've seen many incidences of using an aspect suffix to a pronoun when it
is used as a "to be" verb.
I thought that <nIQwIj bIH yIHmey'e'.> meant, "The tribbles, they are my
breakfast."
jIyajHa'a'?
                                                            pIl'o'

Back to archive top level