tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 06 19:14:36 2000

RE: obtuse question

The use of {ben} without a number may not be so much of a problem with
grammar as with culture: A Klingon may be innacurate, but he is never
approximate! Us a number. It doesn't have to be right. It just has to give
you a sense of about how many years ago. Only a human would be too much of a
coward to commit to stating a number next to the year. Humans, we all know,
prefer to be vague, wittering and indecisive.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level