tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 04 22:44:27 2000

Re: KLBC: Qochbe'

In a message dated 6/27/2000 11:17:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< Your point, taken straight from TKD, is noted.  But did you ever consider
 *why* the type 1 verb suffixex {-chuq} and {-'egh} are incompatible with an
 object?  It's because there is already an effective object on the verb --
 they indicate that the recipient of the verb's action is the same as the
 subject.  That's why I'm wary of proposals like {Qochbe'chuq}, since they
 require that there be an appropriate object for the verb to act upon.

We are saying the same thing.  I pointed out that {-chuq} may not take an
object after you tried to use an object with it.

peHruS

Back to archive top level