tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 22 03:26:50 2000

Re: meqleH (again)

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, William H. Martin wrote:

> You've leapt from that observation to confidence in the
> statement that the term betleH is a corruption of the term
> batlh 'etlh. Now, you encounter meqleH and make the even
> greater leap of faith that it has a similar origin.

It's the other way around, as stated in Klingon for the Galactic
Traveller.

> Frankly, you waste your time worrying about this. We have
> two perfectly fine words here and we know what they mean.
>
> Who needs to know more and why?

I do know why I'm asking this question. I'm cuurently doing an exam on
Klingons. There's only one question I can't answer : "What is the meaning
of the word meqleH?". You see why I need to know?

Thansk again,
Jeroen

Captain Jeroen Vantroyen
Commanding Officer, USS Belgica NCC-72301
Assistant Director, Diplomatic Corps, Region 9
Acting Dean, European Campus, STARFLEET Academy
DOIC, 359 MSG
http://inf4serv.rug.ac.be/~jvtroyen/