tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 20 17:27:51 2000

RE: KLBC toasting

jatlh Jeanne:

> wa'leS De'wI'meymaj  ghogh HablI'meymaj je Qapjaj
> tomorrow may our computers and phones work!

This is correct, but only if it is a toast. Otherwise, the verb <Qapjaj> has
to go before the subject.

> pem ngevqu'
> big sale day

If you're specifically talking about a sale that only goes on during
daylight hours, then <pem> is appropriate, but for the generic "day",
Klingons probably usually use <jaj>. An example is <Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam>,
and there are several more.

Also, <ngevqu'> is a verb. If you want to talk about a "sale" as a noun, you
need to use a noun phrase like <ngevmeH wanI'> - "an event for selling". An
even better way to describe a big sale day might be to say something like:

DaHjaj ngevqu'lu' - Today one really sells.

> Hoch quSmey ngevbogh  ngevwI' yIvup
> Pity the sellers who sell all the seats

qatlh? quS Hutlhmo'?

pagh