tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 20 01:52:04 2000

Re: Klingon Music / "Degh" CD

"LCARS" <[email protected]> wrote:

> It seems several people have asked about Klingon music recently.
> I don't know if you all know about this, but after searching
> the web I found that there is a Klingon music CD called <Degh>:
>
> http://www.khemorex-klinzhai.de/e/culture/Degh/
> http://www.khemorex-klinzhai.de/culture/Degh/english.html

I'm one of the webmasters of the above and
I just the updated both to reflect the current situation.

> The tlhIngan Hol lyrics are not exactly grammatically correct,
That's why Degh II is going to be translated by somebody else this time
which some of you probably already know from this list: Quvar muHwI' aka
aka Levinius aka Lieven Litaer. The musicians of Degh asked me for translation
but as I think I'm not good enough with tlhIngan Hol I involved him.

> but the sample (see links above) sounds quite good.  I have
> sent an e-mail to the German distributor and am awaiting news
> (I live in Canada and the distributor is in Germany).  I was
As stated in the other mail about Degh, it's probably easier to get the CD
in US and Canada via www.TekForTrek.com where you can order it with credit
card and less shipping costs for US and Canada.

> also told that <Degh II> is in progress.  I am posting this
> info here in the spirit of encouraging more Klingon language
> products.  (I don't know how these people got past the Paramount
> police - perhaps their lawyers do not reach as far as Germany.)
I have a copy of Degh for almost 4 years now. On the CD itself there's no
reference to Klingon or Startrek at all, that's why Paramount should not
have problems with this. And yes, the 'Paramount police' is also active
in Germany ;-)
BTW: about 2 years ago the German distributor (Jose Calbacho) sent about
20 copies of Degh to Lawrence Schoen, but unfortunately somehow they never
arrived or do you know any more details now, Lawrence?

If you're looking for other Klingon CD stuff, there is more:
One of our members of Khemorex Klinzhai has produced a Klingon Opera CD.
She has a really good opera style voice. See http://www.luqara.de for more
info. Unfortunately the CD stuff is only in the German part of that server
(see 'Fan Shop' there). Part of the price is for our charity project.

--
Ralf Gebhart, Mail: [email protected]

Back to archive top level