tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 18 08:07:17 2000

Klimerick of the Week

jISaHqa'.  jIghIQmeH jItlheDDI' ghomvam vImuvHa'.  Hut Hu' DIvI'vo'
jIcheghta'.  wa'Hu' De'wI'wIj vIchu'DI' QIn lutu'be'lu'.  chImlaw' De'qo';
luSpet rur.  SamuvnISqa' 'e' vItlhoj.

Lest charghwI' think I penned my klimerick (inside back cover of the latest
HolQeD) for the express purpose of irking him (I can think of several
reasons why it might), be it known that it was the wejDIch of loS that I
submitted.  Here's my first effort (and the one I was wagering on):

Sa'Qejvo' HoD SIjqu' tu'lu'.
ja' <may'Daq reH nuHmey lutu'lu'.
jaghpu' nISbe'chugh beH,
vaj leSpal vIchu' neH
'ej jIwupDI' petaQpu' luDuQlu'!>

I'm obviously trying to pull off a "There was an x y from z", but if the
{-vo} in {Sa'Qejvo'} doesn't work, it can easily be replaced with {-Daq}.

Merciless criticism encouraged.  More klimericks to come.

qa'ral

Back to archive top level