tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 14 02:14:48 2000

KLBC: A simple doubt

  I have this simple problem, and I think it was well debated in the past:
since I wish to say that I am honored to serve Klingon Empire, I thought to
say this in two ways.
First, I think that if 'e' is a real pronoun, it should be able to be suffixed,
so a possible translation would be
tlhIngan wo' wItuy' 'e'mo' wIquv

Otherwise, if 'e' can be used as a a subject also than an object, would it be
correct to phrase it this way?
tlhIngan wo' wItuy' nuquvmoH 'e'
or
nuquvmoH tlhIngan wo' wItuy' 'e'

Are both correct? If not why?
I know that something like 'I serve the Empire with honor' would do, but next
time I need this? I hate workarounds!

Thank in advance,

| Daniele Alberto GALLIANO                                                    |
|                                  | phone:    +39-348-6048029                |
| v. Gramsci, 4                    | fax:      +39-2-67382279                 |
| 15100 Alessandria (Italy)        | internet: [email protected]      |
|                                  | http://www.polito.it/~galliano/          |
| Only a fool fights in a burning house.                         - Cmdr. Kang |