tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 11 15:46:13 2000

RE: question about pojwI'

ghel chavta'ngav:

> nuq pojwI'?
> mu'tay'vaD ghun 'oH'a'?
We don't really have a noun in Klingon for "program", and you cannot use the
verb <ghun>.

Instead, think about what you're trying to say. To descirbe KLIFlash, I
would use the term <mu'tay' ghojmeH pat> - "system for learning vocabulary".
<pat> - "system" - is often a good word to use when talking about a computer
program, as is <mIw> - "process".

> *KLIflash* jIghaj 'ej pov 'oH
Prefix: vIghaj.

> (hmmm my "vocabulary program" N-N contruction seems
> to me to be a little contrived or should it be a
> compound noun?---oh well) what does pojwI' do? is it
> a vocabulary program? I have KLIflash and its
> excellent.

'ej pojwI' 'oH pojwI''e'  {{:-)

Holtej can explain pojwI' in detail, or you can look for yourself at his web
page:

http://www.bigfoot.com/~dspeers/klingon/poj.htm

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian