tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 11 15:35:17 2000

RE: ABC's

>from CVOC7
>If I were to devise somthing that works and fits the known facts, can it be
>adopted into the the tlhIngan-Hol?
>If so who should I contact?

You won't be able to do this, since the <pIqaD> letters when shown
in the show is *completely random*.  Even worse, I think they have a
fixed set of stencils (or whatever they use) and they repeat "words"
(or word-chunks) without apparent relation to meaning.  Sometimes
the same "word" stands for several, completely unrelated things.
This certainly is the case in the Klingon CD, if you take note of
the "Klingon" words which are supposed to correspond to English,
they keep repeating the same fixed set of graphics.  (I don't
quite recall but I think sometimes they even show the same
<pIqaD(qoq)> graphic for the same English words.)

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level