tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 10 00:57:42 2000

Re: question about pojwI'

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Daryl Quick wrote:

> nuq pojwI'? mu'tay'vaD ghun 'oH'a'? *KLIflash* jIghaj 'ej pov 'oH
> (hmmm my "vocabulary program" N-N contruction seems to me to be a little contrived or should it be a compound noun?---oh well)
> what does pojwI' do? is it a vocabulary program? I have KLIflash and its excellent.

pojwI' is very good... It's not really a dictionary, but more of a lexical
analyser... You can give it a proper agglunative (i.e. word with prefixes
and suffixes), and it'll work out what it all means...

Now that I've compile my own dictionary I'll be using it only when I
really can't understand what is going on. Not to say that it isn't good,
but the real problem with having something like that on your computer is
that you rely on the computer to do the work, instead of learning the
vocab.

jenwI'
[email protected] ([email protected])
WWW: http://www.nine9.ukshells.co.uk; ICQ: 41974841