tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 09 01:26:57 2000

Re: Teaching Klingon

It's
>well known to the language community that I endorse a very conservative
>approach, which is in keeping with the views described above. That
>conservatism is most likely the source of much of the disagreement I have
>with his course, as well as others which (to my mind) are too loose with
>their interpretations of canon.

for what it's worth (which is probably not much!!) i too believe that while
interpretation and translation of klingon requires an imaginitive approach,
there should be great care taken in how much the canon is interpreted.

-S'Qal-