tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 05 17:33:19 2000

Re: How do you say, Drak Jedi, in klingon?

Sean Swanson asked:
: How do you say, Dark Jedi, in klingon?

{*Jedi* Hurgh}

{Hurgh} is a quality, sometimes called a stative verb on this list, meaning
"be dark" and follows the noun it modifies.

You'll also notice that I left Jedi alone and marked it with asterisks.
That's the convention here to alert folks that the word is not Klingon and
not to try analyzing it or looking it up in the Dictionary.  Also the fact
that the J is capitalized is another hint this isn't a Klingon word.  (BTW,
if you did try to transcribe it you might get {je'DI'} which can mean "as
soon as he/she buys (it)", "when they buy", etc. -- definitely not what you
wanted to say.)

If you want to translate Jedi Knight into Klingon, I would use {*Jedi*
SuvwI'} "Jedi warrior" to contrast with {tlhIngan SuvwI'} "Klingon warrior".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level