tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 29 19:09:47 2000

RE: KLBC: vatlh DIS poH cha'maHDIch DIS Qav jar cha'DIch jaj cha'maH HutDIch

> KLBC: vatlh DIS poH cha'maHDIch DIS Qav
> jar cha'DIch jaj cha'maH HutDIch

That's a mouthful :)

> tera' vatlh DIS poH cha'maHDIch latlh Qav jaj
> 'oHmo' DaHjaj'e' tu'HomI'raH vIqonnISbej:

I don't think <latlh> works for "extra" in this sentence. I think you really
need to explain leap years if you want Klingons to know exactly what you're
talking about. Barring that, you might be able to get away with calling it
"special" and rely on the common context of Feb 29 for people to understand.

> QongDaq ghoS rorwI'oy langwI'oy je.
> langwI'Daq tlhe' rorwI' 'ej langwI' Hegh.

Grammatically, this would have to be <... 'ej Hegh langwI'>, but that would
ruin the almost rhyme you had going. Also, "go to bed" is an English idiom,
and Klingons would probably interpret it literally as going to the place
where the bed is. Instead, try something like <QongDaqDaq qot ...>.

> KLBC: The twenty-ninth day of the second month of the last
> year of the twentieth century

> Because today is the last extra (leap) day of Earth's twentieth
> century, I certainly should write something useless:

> "Fatty and Skinny went to bed.
>  Fatty rolled over and Skinny was dead."

pagh

Back to archive top level