tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 23 09:51:55 2000

KLBC muDpIn

jatlhchu'ta'  muDpIn
cha'leS  Huvbej  chal.
De'vam  luQoyDI',   nablaH  nugh'a'

The weatherman has spoken!
The day after tomorrow the sky will be clear.
As soon as they hear this information, high society can plan.

DaH,  ghe'naQ  chIDwI'mey  je'  ghotpu'.
ngevpu'  Hoch  chIDwI'mey.

Now, people buy opera tickets [??].
All tickets are sold.

juHmeychajvo'   Haw'nIS  ghotpu'.
qachHom  ropmo'  rop.
leghchuqnIS  ghotpu'
puqpu'  QorghmeH,  ghojmoq  lutu'nIS  vavpu'  SoSpu'  je.

People need to get out of their homes.
They are sick with cabin fever.
People need to see each other.
Parents need to find a babysitter to take care of their children.

bIrtaHvIS  jarmey,  peD jev qaS.
je'vIp  Hoch.
Huch  tIn  vaghmaH  DeQmey  'ej  Hoch  je'  rIntaH.
muDmo'  SuD  pagh.

While the months are cold, snow storms happen  [??].
Everyone is afraid to buy.
Fifty dollars is a lot of money,  and All Sales Are Final.
No one takes a chance due to the weather.

naDev  law'  Qe'mey.
ramvetlh   buy'
buy' je qachmaj.

There are many restaurants around here.
That night they will be full.
Our house will be full, too.  [?]

??-with chID,  admit, this has two distinct meanings in English. Allow
entrence and Confess. I didn't just  confess to treason when I wanted to
enter the building, did I?

Back to archive top level