tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 21 14:13:44 2000

RE: qepHommey - peSap! (quarterly call for volunteers)

'e' wIta'ta'.

Of course, we've already done this, at least in part.  A few years back a
group of us performed the final scene from Hamlet, the fight scene between
Hamlet (charghwI') and Laertes (me, Holtej).  After a few days of memorizing
and rehearsing, we finally felt together enough for the presentation,
scripts in hand.  (Some folks were bold enough to try it without the
scripts; some of us had difficulty using scripts, holding our betleHmey).
And then at the last minute, before we began the play, Marc Okrand makes a
surprise appearance!  It was hard enough (a) acting (b) in front of an
audience (c) in Klingon, and then Okrand is there, which was positively
unnerving.

I remember Qov's memorable death particularly well.

--
d'Armond Speers
Requisite Technology

Back to archive top level