tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 09 13:59:03 2000

Re: (KLBC) 'e' as a subject

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000 14:17:30 EST [email protected] wrote:
> jatlh charghwI':
> >paq nIHbogh nuv'e' vIghovbe'.
> >I didn't recognize the man who took the book.
> >or
> >I didn't recognize who took the book.
>
> Would {paq nIHwI' vIghovbe'} work?

Definitely, this is good. I was specifically trying to show
how relative clauses can be done in Klingon, so I used
{-bogh} where it might work and showed other ways where it
wouldn't work, but you've done a fine job of proving my
point. Clarity of meaning is more important than sticking
with one particular grammatical construction.

> - DujHoD

charghwI'

Back to archive top level