tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 09 06:14:47 2000

a challenge for people sick of whiners.

Reading yet another whine about "take me off this list" pushed a button in
my head this morning.  I asked myself "Why not get something useful out of
this annoyance?"

Below are four verses to a song entitled "tetlhvo' HIteq." Grammarians may
tear it apart, we all know my grammar goes out the window in the presence
of inspiration. Still, I think you'll get the idea.

Here's the challenge: write more verses. They're short enough that even
novices are apt to understand them, and when we're done we'll have the
first Klingon mailing list drinking song (assuming we can agree on a tune).
I'll forward a copy to Captain Krankor and maybe he'll come up with
something on the leSpal.

tetlhvo' HIteq!
DaH 'e' ta'qu'.
choteqbe'chugh