tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 06 23:58:55 2000

RE: KLBC: Soch DaHjaj mu'mey

jatlh tuv'el:

> I was thinking 'How much hydrogen is found in the universe.'
> So, it was easy to mix up the subject/object.

If it's confusing, just think about the literal meaning of <tu'lu'> - "one
finds".

> As for the question as object buisness.  What *would* be a
> good way to ask a question like, 'Do you know how much it costs?'

'ar?

Sorry - couldn't resist. Seriously, though, it's difficult. In this
particular case, you could say:

vIDIlmeH, Huch 'ar poQlu'? bISov'a'?

In general, there's not a formula for asking questions like this. You have
to think about what you want to say and figure out a different way to say
it.

pagh
Beinners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level