tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 04 07:39:56 2000

RE: KLBC: Soch DaHjaj mu'mey

ja' pagh:

> > 'u'Daq tu'lu' bIQSIp vatlhvI' 'ar 'e' DaSovbe'chugh 'e' yIjuv!
>
> Same comments as before about <tu'lu'> and objects, and you've also got a
> bigger problem. While a question *might* work as the object of <ghel>, a
> lot
> of folks are pretty certain it does *not* work as the object of <Sov>.
> I've
> no intention of starting a raging grammatical debate, but I will advise
> you
> to find another way to say this.

	I was thinking 'How much hydrogen is found in the universe.'  So, it
was easy to mix up the subject/object.

	As for the question as object buisness.  What *would* be a good way
to ask a question like, 'Do you know how much it costs?'

	- tuv'el

Back to archive top level