tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 03 18:10:53 2000

RE: KLBC: Soch DaHjaj mu'mey

jalth tuv'el:

> KLBC: Soch DaHjaj mu'mey
>
> chay' rIHwI' DajormoH?

yItujqu'moH. jorbej.

> nuq bIH peghmey vIttlhegh'e' 'e' ghelnIS novHey neH.

You've wandered into controversial territory with a question as an object. I
personally think a question makes perfect sense as an object of <ghel>, but
others may not. Other than that, this is quite good.

> Hong boq chuyDaH vIchu'chugh bIQ'a'Daq tu'lu'DI' veSDuj qaS nuq?

You need to put the <veSDuj> before the <tu'lu'DI'>. The object a verb with
<-lu'> is still an object.

> wa'maHHu' Dap bom vImugh 'ej tlhIngan Hol jabbI'IDghom vIlI'.

I think you mean <jabbI'IDghomvaD>. The Dap bom was the thing you
transmitted, and the message group was the beneficiary.

> 'u'Daq tu'lu' bIQSIp vatlhvI' 'ar 'e' DaSovbe'chugh 'e' yIjuv!

Same comments as before about <tu'lu'> and objects, and you've also got a
bigger problem. While a question *might* work as the object of <ghel>, a lot
of folks are pretty certain it does *not* work as the object of <Sov>. I've
no intention of starting a raging grammatical debate, but I will advise you
to find another way to say this.

> Sotlaw' ngeHbogh chu'wI' Hubchu'ta' Qanqor HoD.

maj. Very nice sentence. Be aware, though, that HoD Qanqor does not follow
the standard practice of putting the title after the name like everyone
else.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ