tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 03 12:35:29 2000

RE: Klingon Music

At 14:05 00-02-03 -0500, De'vID wrote:
}
}Qov wrote:
}
}> yu'; matlhob, qama' wIjoy'
}
}vIchup:
}<yu; jav luH, qama' wIjoy'>
}(Or something with <jav> in it... See <jav> below and you'll see why.)

Not picky about it.  I started out by writing a word or two next to each one
as suggestions for the original poster, and then kept writing until I had
enough iambic feet for each line.

}> bIm; qam pIrmuSDaq jIQam
}
}mu'tlheghvam vIyajbe'.  mu'na' 'oH <bIm>'e'?  chay' <bIm>
}<qam pIrmuSDaq Qam> rarlu'?  (I think you're using a word
}similar to <bIm> but I can't find it.)

bem.  The underneath part of a foot.

}> 'egh: jIHvaD, jIHDaq jIvang
}> loS; qaSpa' wanI', matam
}> vagh; Dochvamvo' taj yIlel
}> jav; Qapla', ngoQ potlh DaSIch
}
}jIyajbe'.  ngoQ potlh DaSIchbogh yIngu'!

chav.  I'd not thought of the slang "prisoner."  It's better.

}vIchup:
}<jav; wIyu'bogh mu' DIpoj>
}(This is supposed to rhyme with <Soj> below.  It's also
}supposed to tie in with <yu> above.)

Is that a headless relative or a misplaced object plus a prefix error?

}> Soch; wej loS je: mI' tIchel
}> chorgh; burgh pI', 'oHDaq HaH Soj
}
}Is this a play on the similarity to <tlhorgh>?

chor.  In careless speech /rgh/ often sounds like /r/.  Ask charghwI'.
It's a pretty lousy line, though.  Truth is I counted the syllables in the
original song, filed them in, then realized I had to add a line for chorgh.

}> vaj Hoch wIbomta'mo' chegh yu'
}>
}> Hmm, needs work.
}
}vIparHa'.
}
}> Qov 'utlh
}
}bomlIjvaD lI'jaj qeSwIj.

DaparHa'chugh vaj yIlIS 'ej yItlhap. jIbomlaHbe'mo' jIH, not vIQatmoHlaH.
Qov 'utlh

Back to archive top level