tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 02 12:01:00 2000

Re: Klingon Music

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, jeffpicard wrote:

> I've been silent too long
> but to be technical, between one A and the next there are 12 tones, 6
> whole and 6 half, 8 of these tones have names and the other 4 are simply
> the sharp and flat of other tones

Only when using our chromatic scale. There are others The Indain scale has
notes that 'bend' up or down, which is why a sitar oft sounds
"out-of-tune" to me.

> it's probable that the same tones are in Klingon music, just one
> additional one has a name instead of being a sharp/flat

It's *possible*, but not very *probable*. Think about un-keyed horns (like
the bugle) for a minute and you'll see why.

quljIb

Back to archive top level