tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 02 07:04:06 2000

Re: Klingon Music

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Mike Crane wrote:

> I have the 'Degh' excerpts and, from the net, several other
> samples of Klingons singing. In all of these the music is
> bassed on the good ol' Terran octave. KGT says that Klingon
> music uses nine notes for its scale. Will the new opera be
> using this scale, or is it just too complicated to re-tune
> all the instruments?

Surely it would be terribly complicated as a Klingon tone would be approx
88% of a terran tone... Plus the players would have such difficulty
because everything would sound a little flat..

jenwI'

*mutta'* tuq
[email protected]
http://www.nine9.ukshells.co.uk