tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 26 10:02:52 2000

Corruptisima republica plurimae leges

I'm trying to succinctly express a concept in Klingon and I'm stuck
for ideas.  How would I say "A increases with B", i.e. "A increases as
B increases"?

Actually I'm trying to render something by Tacitus:
"Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

It means "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
(From Tacitus, Annals III 27.)

{qalbe'chugh qum, puS chut.  qalchugh qum, law' chut.} doesn't
quite capture the proportional relationship.

--
De'vID