tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 19 05:03:30 2000

Re: Grammar Highlight Each Day (bo-)

> >but for all the possible (present tense) meanings of {HoH}, "kills"
> >occurs in three out of five.

Alan Anderson:
> I don't understand how you're counting.

I think he's counting the meanings of the word {HoH} as-is, both unprefixed
and null-prefixed meanings. Or at least trying - counting the meanings of a
word is a dubious task at the best of times.

Here's one possible three-out-of-five combination: he kills, she kills, it
kills, they kill, they kill them.

No doubt you can come up with other lists, some of them 3/5, others not.

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <[email protected]>
You know you've been hacking too long when ...

Back to archive top level