tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 10 12:12:27 2000

My aplogies for not being around lately

>From: "tdfisk" <[email protected]>
>To: <[email protected]>
>Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 10:41:01 -0700
>Subject: [housevaltev] So that's why you've been so quiet, Karg.
>
> Sorry to hear you've been ill. Stitches? What the heck happened man! I
hope
>it's not too serious.
>
>Thomas

Greetings,
 My apologies for being out of contact so long. The reason I've been so
quiet is because my E-mail program dumped itself and I spent over a week
trying to find a way to get everything back. It didn't work and I've lost
everything. So, If anyone has written to me before Dec. 1 and is waiting
for a reply, please resend. ust private messages. I am going to Egroups
and going through all trhe lists I'm on and slowly replying to anything I
find there. I'll be back posting for awhile, so please bear with me.
As to my stitches, that will take a little explaining. Pat was going to
the doctor to get some cysts removed from her head. Nothing life
threatening, just annoying. Some of you remember her telling you about it
at the last meeting. Well, while we were there, I asked about getting
some things removed from my neck and back. Thee're calleed skin tags.
Again, just annoying. However, while the doctor was looking at those, he
foung a mole in the smallof my back that he didn't like the looks of. So,
we made an appointment and I went in on Nov. 22nd and had it and the skin
tags removed and got 2 stitched where the mole had been. The mole went to
pathology. On Nov. 30th I went back to have the stitches removed and to
hear the results of the pathology report. The report couldn't be found
and was feared lost by the lab. The next day, the doctor called and said
that they had found it. The lab had just mispelled my nome. He said the
the report shoewd abnormal cells and that I need to get in right away so
that a larger area around the mole site could be removed in an attempt to
make sure that all of the abnormal cells are gone and to have that send
for a pathology test too.  On Monday, Dec. 4th, I went back in to have
that done and that is why I have stiches now. I go back on Dec. 13th to
have those removed and to learn the results of the second pathology
report. It is expected to come back completely negative. If so, then that
is the end of it. We will just keep an eye out for any others that may
appear. If more cells are found, we will discuss what to do next.
Probably chemotherapy I suppose. Anyway, that is what is currently going
on. All I can say is, if you have any really dark moles, nomatter how
small or what shape they are (this one was perfectly round, not
irregular), have them checked by a doctor. Mine was found early and
chances are high that it can be easily taken care of. A few weeks of
discomfort is a small price to pay for an extended life. Melenoma can
kill you easily if it is allowed to go unchecked.
Take care,
Mike/Karg

Back to archive top level